Re: How to enable/disable my debug code?

From: Peter Rosin
Subject: Re: How to enable/disable my debug code?
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 08:17:41 +0200

Den 2011-07-31 01:57 skrev NightStrike:
> On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Gary V. Vaughan <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On 31 Jul 2011, at 02:04, NightStrike wrote:

*snip*

>>> Consider, though, using cl.exe in an msys environment.  That uses /
>>> instead of - for switches, for instance.
>>

>> I would be quite surprised if more that a very few Autotools using
>> projects compiled in that environment out of the box.
>
> I'm trying to make that work, actually.  It's very hard.

I have added some things to Automake that should help. The Automake
'compile' script implements the -o, -L, -l and -wl, options for cl, and
can be triggered with either AM_PROG_CC_C_O or explicitly with
CC="/path/to/compile cl".  You'll need to do the latter until the
new version of the 'compile' script is released from git-Automake...

With that help from 'compile', the CLI of cl is actually not tripping
up on most of the common stuff from c99 posix utility.  The actual
code is another matter entirely, of course.

Cheers,
Peter