Re: Autoconf & libssl

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: Autoconf & libssl
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 15:48:16 -0700

On 11/10/2011 03:22 PM, Till Elsner wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing strange problems when using autoreconf together
with OpenSSL.
Everything seems to work just fine (autoreconf, ./configure,
make), until I include libssl. Whenever autoconf is asked to
check for libssl, autoreconf completes successful, but
./configure fails with a "syntax error near unexpected token
';'".
If I remove the libssl check in question, everything is fine
again.
I doesn't matter if I use AC_CHECK_LIB or AC_SEARCH_LIBS, the
error stays the same.
My autoconf is 2.68, OpenSSL is 1.0.0e.
Anyone experienced something like this before?

Which package are you configuring? Most likely, it is a syntax error in the particular configure.ac of the package you are using, and not a bug in autoconf itself. You may have better luck asking on the list that wrote that configure.ac file.

Can you locate the particular portion of configure that contains the syntax error, and the particular lines in configure.ac that generate those lines?

--
Eric Blake   address@hidden    +1-801-349-2682