Re: Autoconf distributions and xz dependency

From: James K. Lowden
Subject: Re: Autoconf distributions and xz dependency
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 17:38:13 -0500

On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 16:48:31 -0500
Mike Frysinger <address@hidden> wrote:

> if you
> want to be lazy and have one command that handles arbitrary
> compression/archiving, then use a project that does exactly that.

It's not me I'm suggesting you satisfy, Mike.

You can make all the hard-edged, insulting retorts you want to.  You
get only one more to me, though, because I'm done making my point: that
the current mania for xz ignores the utility and convenience of gz.  No
amount of architectural conviction on your part changes that, not for
me, and not for anyone else.

--jkl