how can I use the -C option of 'install' tool

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: how can I use the -C option of 'install' tool
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 09:55:43 +0200 (CEST)

Hey

if I'm not mistaken, the configure script check for a BSD 'install' tool, and usually, INSTALL is set to /some/path/install -c

What I would like to do is, during installation, not modify the destination file if the source file is the same.

'install' has the -C option for that, if I'm not mistaken.

So i would like to know if it is possible to do that with autoconf macros. If not, what is the best way of doing what I want ?

thank you

Vincent Torri