Re: Passing options to libtool from within a GNU Autotools project.

From: Robert Boehne
Subject: Re: Passing options to libtool from within a GNU Autotools project.
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 10:08:58 -0500

Craig,

Just add it to LDFLAGS and it will get added to the link line.

If you're building a libtool library:

libname_la_LDFLAGS = -preserve-dup-deps

or a program

prgname_LDFLAGS = -preserve-dup-deps

On 11/02/12 08:00, Craig Sanders wrote:
Hello all.

Does anybody know how to pass additional options to libtool from within a
GNU Autotools project? I need to pass the ;

   --preserve-dup-deps

option to libtool from within my Autotools project. I'm not sure if I need
to specify this option within my configure.ac file, if it should be
specified when I invoke the generated configure script, or how I should
otherwise go about it. I'd like to think that I can specify this libtool
option from within my configure.ac file, thus relieving any potential users
of my package from having to specify this option when they invoke the
generated configure script.

If anyone can help me out with this matter then it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
_