Re: Global autoconf cache

From: NightStrike
Subject: Re: Global autoconf cache
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 14:38:15 -1000

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
> This problem could be fixed automatically by making the the package
> manager communicate with autoconf, to clear the cache whenever certain
> packages are installed.

Sounds like a fix on the package manager side.

Interestingly, this came up recently in a different way, but still a
coupling of autoconf+package manager:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108144

In that case, autoconf would say what package to install.  I grant
that it's not what you are asking for, but it is in the same realm --
communication between packages and autoconf.