RE : RE : rm -f core cause some troubles

From: PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel
Subject: RE : RE : rm -f core cause some troubles
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 20:30:46 +0000

> > I renamed core -> Core, and this issue just gone.

> I don't know why that would be, but perhaps more digging
> on your end can find out.

Yes I need to investigate on this

> Here's another idea.  Define your own 'rm',
> which will be a simple shell script that invokes the
> real 'rm', except it ignores any 'core' argument.  Put
> it in your PATH, before the real 'rm'.  Then run
> configure with that PATH.  That should work.

yes this could work but it is really a nasty hack...

> And here's another another idea.  When building
> 'configure', do it like this:

>   autoconf
>   sed 's/ core / /g' configure >config.cache
>   cp config.cache configure

> That way, your 'configure' won't try to remove 'core'.
> It's a bit of a hack, but it should work.

You mean , I need to maintain a fork of autoconf for this project ;)
To me even if this is slower, the right fix is to avoid removing core if this
is a directory.
It will be difficult for me to convince upstream to use autoconf if it needs to
change it's
code due to this bug.

cheers,

Frederic