[possibly OT] Updated giant inventory of headers available on various OS

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: [possibly OT] Updated giant inventory of headers available on various OSes
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 23:34:07 -0400

A while ago I posted a call for help (only to autoconf@) taking inventories
of which C headers are provided by which OSes.  It rapidly became clear
that my methodology was far too crude, and I've spent much of the past six
weeks coding up something much more sophisticated.  The project is now at
the point where I feel comfortable sharing it with a wider audience.
Please see http://hacks.owlfolio.org/header-survey/ for the results so far,
and https://github.com/zackw/header-survey/ for code, raw data, and
instructions for contributing inventories for OSes not yet in the big
table.  (Big table only known to work properly in Firefox, say sorry -
patches for the bad stylin' in Webkit most welcome.  I've exhausted my
ability to sling CSS.)

If you sent me an inventory already but your OS is not in the big table, I
need you to send it again using the current `scansys.py`.  To those of you
who told me that it didn't work with your version of Python, take heart -
it is now tested to work with 2.0.  Yes, 2.0.

zw