Re: [possibly OT] Updated giant inventory of headers available on variou

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [possibly OT] Updated giant inventory of headers available on various OSes
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 16:24:05 -0400

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 3:57 PM, Jason Curl <address@hidden> wrote:
> And you'll find attached QNX 6.5.0 SP1 GCC 4.4.2.

Thanks, but I can't use this as is.  You've got an ! entry in there
that needs investigating, and you didn't correct the metadata.  Please
see the instructions at
https://github.com/zackw/header-survey#inventory-metadata and
https://github.com/zackw/header-survey#inventory-errors .

> Note, the mknod API of QNX is different to Linux, where most tools I compile
> don't work. And when I compiled PHP for QNX, atomic.h is there, but it's not
> compatible with Solaris requiring some updates (as PHP assumed)

This is a case for auditing the contents of the headers as well as
their presence. I hesitate to open up that rabbit hole because I know
it'll be a ton of work, but if I had some collaborators, I definitely
think it would be worth it ultimately.

> I see you've got MINGW 2012, but there are two projects, mingw and mingw64
> which are separate and handled separately. Is there a difference between the
> two?

I only did mingw, not mingw64.

> I tried to do something similar, and came up with my own list. Does it make
> sense to incorporate some of the differences? I was trying to compile
> software that works on various OSes for network related functionality.

Similar inventories for library functions and so on might make sense.
I don't want to write the code for it myself -- I've already blown a
month and a half on this -- but I'd certainly consider patches that
added additional scans and tables.

zw