Re: avis-client-c: ceilf, linking with -lm

From: Daniel Pocock
Subject: Re: avis-client-c: ceilf, linking with -lm
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 16:05:47 +0200

On 16/09/13 15:57, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Sep 2013, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>

>> I've observed this binary linking successfully on Debian but not on
>> Ubuntu.  The package uses an autotools build system.
>>
>> On Ubuntu, gcc link complains about unresolved reference to ceilf, even
>> though -lm is in the linker command line
>
> Did you read and observe the ceilf manual page on Ubuntu?  Perhaps one
> of the stated requirements in order for this function to be exposed
> has not been met.

I looked through the package and I found that there was a utility
library in there that didn't have the same AM_LDFLAGS definition as all
the other components

The problem was only appearing much later in the build unfortunately,
when building the test binary, but it is fixed now.

Can anything be done to make this type of thing easier to diagnose?