Re: Information on mailing list archives page is wrong

From: Eric Blake
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 06:25:23 -0600

On 03/23/2014 09:48 AM, John Spencer wrote:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/ says that the archive is
> updated every 30 minutes - this seems to be untrue.
> it seems to take at least 4 hrs - so please excuse my double-post (and
> maybe consider updating the information on that page).

The archives are indeed updated frequently - but only for posts that
actually make it to the list.  Your first post was held in the
moderation queue waiting for a human to whitelist your address; once it
was finally moderated through, the list archives did indeed pick it up.
 And you're not the first person to double-post, thinking that the
second post is likely to get through faster than the first one based on
actions taken on your end such as subscribing in the meantime (not true
- both posts were held in the moderation queue and released
simultaneously).  Non-subscribers are allowed to post.

I can certainly try to update the page to be a bit more clear about
first-time posting rules, and about the fact that the moderation queue
applies whether or not you subscribe.