Output additional header file

From: A.P. Horst
Subject: Output additional header file
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 13:56:06 +0200

Hello,

I am trying to output an additional header file which should hold a small subset if the defines in the regular config.h.
Currently my simple test setup is set to create test.h:
AC_CONFIG_HEADERS([config.h test.h])

I have written test.h.in, in which I just copied over a #undef entry from config.h.in:
/* HAVE_FOO_H */
#undef HAVE_FOO_H

Which is generated by autoreconf (autoheader) from an AC_DEFINE statement.

When doing configure, it says it creates test.h:
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: creating test.h

And it does. But test.h still has the #undef line, while config.h correctly has the #undef line replaced.

What am I missing here or doing wrong?

With kind regards,
Arie Horst