Fortran wrappers

From: Andy May
Subject: Fortran wrappers
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 10:11:56 +0100

Hi,

We have a project which is comprised of Fortran and C++ code, linked
together at the end with the C++ compiler. I have configure setup
with AC_LANG([C++]), and push/pop to Fortran as required. I notice that
using AC_FC_WRAPPERS() results in configure containing all the extra
infrastructure for C compilation and those tests use CC and CFLAGS.

Looking at fortran.m4 I see the reason is there are a few instances of
explicitly using the C compiler. Would it somehow be possible via an extra
argument or otherwise to add the ability to instruct those macros to use
the C++ compiler instead?

Many thanks,

Andy