Re: cl.exe and system types

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: cl.exe and system types
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 10:44:05 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 20 Aug 2018, Sébastien Hinderer wrote:

Dear all,

I am writing an autoconf script for a project which is supposed to
compile under both Unix and Windows.

Under Windows, the project will be built under Cygwin but it should be
possible to use both MingW and cl.exe to compile it.

I don't know that MSVC is supported by Autotools. It would be nice if it was. Have you seen a statement that this is supported?

Due to this shortcoming, many projects are supporting cmake, and often abandoning an Autotools-based build which otherwise worked just fine.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn