Re: EXTRA_DIST and CVS directories

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: EXTRA_DIST and CVS directories
Date: 18 Dec 2000 17:47:21 -0700

>> And how about SCCS, RCS and soon SVN directories too?  And how about
>> excluding files listed in .cvsignore too?  Or excluding *.o?

Ganesan> A valid point. Let's just deprecate the use then.

We can't deprecate the use.  To me deprecation means we are eventually
going to remove the feature.  However, we can't remove it, because
people lobbied for a long time to get it in.

Maybe we could document using dist-hook to remove files from the dist
directory.  Could you write a patch against automake.texi?

Tom