Re: Linking with installed libtool-constructed library

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: Linking with installed libtool-constructed library
Date: 28 Jan 2001 18:19:08 -0200

On Jan 28, 2001, Steve Robbins <address@hidden> wrote:

>       libtool --mode=link gcc -o foo foo.o /usr/local/

> (rather than just "gcc ... -lbar").  This allows libtool a chance to
> do special stuff.

> So, what's the recommended way of making this happen?

Use a CVS version of libtool and it will do The Right Thing (TM).
Except at `configure' time, because AC_CHECK_LIB doesn't use libtool.
Perhaps it should?

Alexandre Oliva   Enjoy Guarana', see
Red Hat GCC Developer                  address@hidden,}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        address@hidden,}