Re: DIST_COMMON broke

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: DIST_COMMON broke
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 14:26:50 -0500 (EST)

Hello, Derek!

> > > Looks like someone broke the 'make dist' target in the last few days.

I also noticed that.

> > > Specifically, input files from AC_OUTPUT are no longer being added to
> > > DIST_COMMON...

Exactly the same problem.

> > Here's the patch.
>
> This doesn't appear to be the correct fix.  I'll write the test case
> Tom just requested and see if I can't figure out anymore.

How about this test (distdir2.test):

______________________________
#! /bin/sh

# Make sure that the templates of files that appear in configure.in
# are distributed.

. $srcdir/defs || exit 1

cat > configure.in << 'END'
AC_INIT(foo)
AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR(.)
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(distdir2, 0)
AC_OUTPUT([Makefile foo/Makefile foo/bar])
END

cat > Makefile.am <<'END'
SUBDIRS = foo
END

mkdir foo

cat > foo/Makefile.am <<'END'
noinst_SCRIPTS = bar
END

touch foo/bar.in

$ACLOCAL || exit 1
$AUTOCONF || exit 1
$AUTOMAKE -a || exit 1
CC=gcc ./configure || exit 1
$MAKE || exit 1
$MAKE distcheck || exit 1

It fails even earlier when it creates an empty archive on "make dist".
This seems to be another bug.

Regards,
Pavel Roskin