Re: Testsuite fails

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Testsuite fails
Date: 22 Feb 2001 18:15:28 -0700

>> I imagine we'll have to radically revamp the test suite when we
>> move to using autoconf's tracing feature.  The current test suite
>> is very dumb and doesn't usually generate a correct configure.in.

Derek> I'm working on this so I can test my conversion.  I've been
Derek> reading the puropse lines and I haven't noticed anything that
Derek> looks like it's going to ba a major problem yet, but can
Derek> anybody else think of anything in particular I should watch out
Derek> for?

In the past I've had to make systematic changes to the automake test
suite.  It sucks.  I'd like this to be the last major test suite
rewrite.  That means trying to modularize somehow.

Maybe rewriting the tests in some other language with better
functionality (eg Perl) would make this simpler.

Akim: I still haven't looked at autotest.

Tom