Re: 07-use-w.patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: 07-use-w.patch
Date: 06 Mar 2001 11:16:37 -0700

>> Sometimes this error is really an error.  That is why we save and
>> optionally restore the exit status around the message printing.  Let's
>> make this work correctly instead of breaking it.

Akim> I believe my patch is correct, note the $exit_status = 1.

I was just responding to your comment.  I haven't read this patch yet.

Akim> -             &am_conf_line_error ($configure_ac, $line,
Akim> -                                  "$message$trailer");
Akim> +             print STDERR "$configure_ac:$line: $message$trailer\n";

This is wrong because $line is not necessarily a line number.
It can be the name of a macro.

Tom