Re: 77-language-class.patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: 77-language-class.patch
Date: 10 Apr 2001 15:05:28 -0600

>>>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

Akim>   * automake.in (Language): New package, temporarily in this file.
Akim>   Use Class::Struct.
Akim>   (Automake): New package.
Akim>   (%languages): New.
Akim>   (&handle_single_transform_list): Use the language object's `ansi'
Akim>   attribute instead of `$language_map{"$lang-ansi-p"}'.
Akim>   (&register_language): Build and register the language too.

This is ok.

But before we check it in let's make sure we are very clear on the
licensing issue.  In GNU, licensing comes before all.

This might mean that we'll be restricted to whatever Class::Struct
comes with the Perl version we decided on.  That would be unfortunate,
but we've lived with implementation deficiencies in the past (i.e.,
Perl 4)

Tom