Re: problem: uninstall-am in makefile with no install targets and non-GN

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: problem: uninstall-am in makefile with no install targets and non-GNU make.
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:41:04 +1000

Thanks Akim, adding that line should fix the make uninstall problem.
However the makefile.in's created by automake are now corrupt:
I get 1001 errors (I CVS updated first).

The errors I get are (single samples of each)
1) AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL

2) snmplib/Makefile.am:14: DEFS multiply defined in condition TRUE
  DEFS (User, where = 14) =
  {

    TRUE => -DSQUID_SNMP=1
  }

3) src/Makefile.am: cf_gen_DEPENDENCIES must be set with `=' before
using `+='

The automake was current as of 4-5 days ago, so I assume these result
from your recent patches. Could you make some suggestionsas to what is
wrong?
for 1) I have no idea, no line numer is spat out with the error.
for 2) , there is no line 14, the file is 13 lines long (
==
## Process this file with automake to produce Makefile.in
##
## Makefile for libsnmp.
##
noinst_LIBRARIES = libsnmp.a
libsnmp_a_SOURCES  = asn1.c parse.c snmp_vars.c \
        coexistance.c snmp_api.c snmp_error.c  \
        mib.c snmp_api_error.c   \
        snmp_msg.c \
        snmp_pdu.c  snmplib_debug.c
INCLUDES        = -I$(top_builddir)/include -I$(top_srcdir)/include

VERSION         = 3.4
DEFS            = -DSQUID_SNMP=1
==

for 3), I used
cf_gen_DEPENDENCIES += cf.data.pre
because I didn't want to override the implicitly generated dependencies.
cf.data.pre is a data file used by cf_gen - it isn't really valid as a
dependency and I will fix this up myself.

However - it seems sensible to me to allow the user to add dependencies
without overriding the autogenerated ones.

Rob