Re: target dependency bug

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: target dependency bug
Date: 05 May 2001 14:42:28 -0600

>>>>> "Robert" == Robert Collins <address@hidden> writes:

I finally read this thread.

Robert> cf_gen_SOURCES = cf_gen.c defines.h
Robert> nodist_cf_gen_SOURCES = cf_gen_defines.h
Robert> BUILT_SOURCES = cf_gen_defines.h

Robert> I think cf_gen_defines.h should be one of the dependencies of
Robert> cf_gen.$(OBJEXT). It's not though in my generated Makefile
Robert> here.  Suggestions?

Unfortunately automake can't know this in advance.

You might think we could add any .h file listed in _SOURCES to the
dependency of any .o derived from _SOURCES.  But that would be too
eager.

So in the end I don't think there's anything to change here.

Tom