Re: Automake release

From: Gary V . Vaughan
Subject: Re: Automake release
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 22:00:43 +0100

On Monday 07 May 2001 12:38 am, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Gary> I guess that it might be advantageous to have a call for
> Gary> bugfixes email incase there are any other pet bugfixes people
> Gary> might like backported to a stable release (the automake
> Gary> --add-missing copy failed warning bug springs to mind here)...
> I think there are 3:
> * the copy bug you mention
> * the missing `d' bug in `make dist'
> * the missing `$' bug in
> These three seem to be reported frequently.
> Check the recent bug-automake archives to see the last two patches.
> The `d' patch is reported a lot -- more than once a month.

I have created a `branch-1-4' tag rooted at the `Release-1-4' tag, and
backported each of the changes you list above, plus the code to handle
different versions of libtoolize gracefully into this new branch.

I also backported the version fork identifier patch, bumped the version to
1.4-p1, and regenerated the relevant files.  The test suite passes, and the
result seems to be working well in a couple of my project trees.

Let me know if you are happy with the results (or if there are any other
obvious fixes you would prefer to apply first) and I will roll up the release
and put it up on

  ())_.  Gary V. Vaughan     gary@(|
  ( '/   Research Scientist        ,_())____
  / )=   GNU Hacker   \'      `&