[ANNOUNCE] New stable automake release: automake-1.4-p1

From: Gary V . Vaughan
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] New stable automake release: automake-1.4-p1
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 23:45:07 +0100

We interrupt your regularly scheduled posts with an important news flash:

I am proud to present patch release 1 from the automake-1.4 maintenance
branch.  The main purpose of this release is to have a stable automake which
is compatible with the latest stable libtool.  It is available now from:

        ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/automake/automake-1.4-p1.tar.gz

...and from all up to date GNU mirror sites.  Or else directly from anonymous
CVS using the tag `Release-1-4-p1'.

The changes in this release since version 1.4 consist of the following
patches backported from the CVS trunk:

        * This version works with the latest libtool release (1.4) and
          cvs snapshots from the libtool multi-language-branch as well
          as the libtool-1.3.x releases.
        * The GNITS standard has been extended to allow fork identifiers
          in release numbers.  This release of automake has a fork identifier
          of `p1' for instance.
        * 'automake --add-missing --copy' no longer generated bogus
          error messages if the missing files were successfully copied.
        * Directories listed in EXTRA_DIST are now correctly included
          in the generated distribution tarball.
        * Installed info files are correctly removed by `make uninstall'.

Please download, compile, install and enjoy.  We now return you to your
regular programming...

Cheers,
        Gary.
--