Re: 2 questions on automake

From: Gary V . Vaughan
Subject: Re: 2 questions on automake
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 00:10:55 +0100

On Tuesday 15 May 2001 11:19 pm, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Reinhard> A quick hint where to look how to make sure i'm using gcc?
> Read the description of AC_PROG_CC in the autoconf manual.
> >> It should be.  What version of automake are you using?
> Reinhard> It is not. I'm using automake 1.4, and it seems that 1.4-p1
> doesn't, Reinhard> either.
> Reinhard> Maybe you didn't see that I'm talking about
> Reinhard>                                                     ^^^
> I did see that.
> I don't recall but it is possible that 1.4 was simply buggy in this
> regard.  1.4-p1 only has a few important bug fixes; it doesn't have
> this one (if it exists).
> I'm not sure about the cvs automake.  I'll write a test.

Neither CVS or 1.4-p1 do this by default.  I developed a habit of adding
`MAINTAINERCLEANFILES +=' to all of my's and never
thought to report it.  I'll backport to branch-1-4 whatever patch you commit
to HEAD.

  ())_.  Gary V. Vaughan     gary@(|
  ( '/   Research Scientist        ,_())____
  / )=   GNU Hacker   \'      `&