Re: Mac OS X

From: Paul F. Kunz
Subject: Re: Mac OS X
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 12:14:06 -0700

   Just to share with the list what I had to do to do a build on a Max
OS X platform.   I don't have access to such a machine, but someone
with one told me what he had to do to do a build

= In my top level Makefile.am, I added the target...

bundle:
        rm -rf */*.o
        c++ -bundle -I/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Headers \
        -I.  -o libhippoplot.jnilib -framework JavaVM \
        jni/*.cxx pattern/*.cxx reps/*.cxx src/*.cxx transforms/*.cxx \
        functions/*.cxx

Yeh, remove all compiled coce that the all: target built, than compile
again.   Seems strange, but I'm told Apple recommends the above c++ command.
The -I argument is to find the Java JNI headers.

   So for a Mac OS X user to do a build he does...

   ./configure
   make
   make bundle

and nothing else had to change in my mixed Java/C++ build environment.