[cygnus.egcs.patches] Re: make -j patch -- part 1 all targets [gcc/Makef

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: [cygnus.egcs.patches] Re: make -j patch -- part 1 all targets [gcc/Makefile.in]
Date: 23 May 2001 17:41:15 -0600

Well, here's why the ansi2knr stuff didn't work.
Curious that I didn't remember this.  Or run across it before.

I think it must be because we've moved a lot more of the variables
into the *.am files.  In the past we generated a lot of variables in
automake itself.  Automake put all the variables before all the
targets, whereas the new *.am reader does not.

We probably ought to fix the new reader to do this.

Tom