Re: automake-cvs

From: Ralf Corsepius
Subject: Re: automake-cvs
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 17:48:32 +0200

Tim Van Holder wrote:

> > AC_INIT_AUTOMAKE(hello,0)
> Should be AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE.  That is not new to automake-cvs.

You're right, my bad. I just scribbled an hello-world example to
have something "handable" and skrewed it :)

> > /opt/dev/share/automake/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in
> > AM_CONDITIONAL
> > /opt/dev/share/automake/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in
> > AM_CONDITIONAL
> > /opt/dev/share/automake/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in
> > AM_CONDITIONAL
> > /opt/dev/share/automake/am/lang-compile.am: AMDEP does not appear in
> > AM_CONDITIONAL
>
> This might be a valid complaint, though it may be caused by the lack of
> AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE.
Nope, it isn't, the same happens with a fixed configure.in.

The actual reason for my report is that I am experiencing more
severe bugs related to depcomp handling:
- Sometimes the problem above occurs
- Sometimes depcomp does not get installed with automake -a.

I am also experiencing the problem with make clean and
subdirectories, somebody else reported, recently and further
problems, I have not been able to isolate yet (I suspect autoconf to
encounter troublse related to the order of AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR and
other macros)