Re: subobj8.test not executable

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: subobj8.test not executable
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:26:08 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Lars!

> > File tests/subobj8.test was originally committed without executable flags.
> > The permissions have been changed since then in the repository, but CVS
> > has no mechanism to adjust the flags unless the file is removed and
> > checked out again.
>
>  Why not fix it in the repository directly?

It's already fixed in the repository.  The problem is that even after
that, running "cvs update" doesn't fix the problem on the clients.

Besides, not every maintainer for every package has direct assess to the
CVS repository, as in the case for Automake.  I was talking about a
generic solution, not only about a fix for Automake.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin