Re: Makefile.in files

From: Fausto Sanchez
Subject: Re: Makefile.in files
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 20:50:55 -0800

Sorry about the last email. I figured out the error I was getting and it
was all our setup.

However, I was wondering if there is a way to create all the Makefile.in files in a
separate area. We use CVS with automake and in our source trees when
we do a cvs update -d it shows all of the Makefile.in files as new files, which
cause confusion to some people trying to commit files to CVS. The build area
is in a separate directory, we have .o's and such and would be nice to have
the Makefile.in files in there as well. I think the --output-dir flag to automake is only for creating the Makefile.in files on a separate area for distribution and not for daily development.

thanks in advance,
fausto..