Re: spam hell

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: spam hell
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 23:41:07 -0700

> It is possible to set up moderation.  Actually, moderation is a wrong
> word.  The only responsibility of the moderator show be preventing spam.

I help moderate a few of the GNU lists which are moderated solely to
prevent spam and I can tell you from personal experience that it is a
pain.  Mailman has only the lame web interface.  Oh I would love an
email interface!  Then I could apply some real filtering such as
spamassassin to it.

> If mailman could just send copies of held messages to me (and maybe some
> others for vacation overlaps), and the mails I send replies on were posted
> to the list while the mails I don't reply to were discarded after a week,
> I could be willing to do something like that...

You are making drool with desire for such a thing.

Bob