Overriding of automake rules fails

From: Roger Leigh
Subject: Overriding of automake rules fails
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:17:18 +0100

In a Makefile.am, we provide our own mostlyclean-aminfo rule, which is
identical to the default except that the dvi and ps files are not removed.
However, whilst this works with GNU make, Solaris make will still use the
original rule, because it is still in Makefile.in

Would it be possible not to include this rule if it is already defined in
Makefile.am?

Thanks,
Roger

--