testing with .so and other questions

From: Waldemar Rosenbach
Subject: testing with .so and other questions
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 13:41:38 +0200

Linux 2.4.18
GNU Make version 3.79.1
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.52
automake (GNU automake) 1.6.3

I'm trying to make a shared library and to test it.
The library to test is and is built in the $(top_builddir) I have to create a library in the $(top_builddir)/test just to run a test (loadable module).
The in the $(top_srcdir)/test looks as follows:

VPATH = ${srcdir}

check_SCRIPTS =
check_PROGRAMS = test
EXTRA_DEST = ./test.fsm

test_SOURCES = test.cpp

libTestAction_la_SOURCES = \

test_LDADD = $(top_builddir)/.libs/
libTestAction_la_LIBADD = $(top_builddir)/.libs/

./test.fsm: $(top_srcdir)/test.fsm
   -rm -f ./test.fsm
   $(LN_S) $(top_srcdir)/test.fsm ./test.fsm test ./test.fsm
   @echo creating
   @-rm -f
   @echo "#!/bin/sh" >
@echo "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$(top_builddir)/.libs:.libs" >>
   @echo "./test" >>
   @chmod +x
Now the questions: 1. if I use lib_LTLIBRARIES, then is created, but also installed if I call make install, if I use check_LTLIBRARIES or noinst_LTLIBRARIES, then is not created, but only How to create without installing it? And also to clean at 'make clean'?

2. ./test.fsm should be just a copy (or link) of this file from the source directory in the actual directory and is read by the test programm. But it is not created. If I call 'make ./test.fsm' then I get: make: »../../test/test.fsm« is already actual.

3. is a script, that is generated by the Makefile. But it is not deleted if I call 'make clean'. How to tell the automake to delete it at clean?