subdir-objects and 1.7

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: subdir-objects and 1.7
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 21:20:42 -0400

I'm noticing a change from 1.5 to 1.7 regarding subdir-objects.

I had to upgrade the automake/autoconf usage of ucd-snmp.  Not fun.

I had things working with am-1.5.  I'm having dependency issues with
am-1.7.

In particular, agent/Makefile.am uses configure to build a list of files:

 libucdmibs_la_DEPENDENCIES      = \
        @mibgroup_list_lo@ \

and the elements of mibgroup_list_lo are in the mibgroup/ subdir or in
subdirs of mibgroup/ .

Worse news - the members of mibgroup_list_lo are being built via libtool.

Do I need to list all of these subdir files as EXTRA_SOURCES in this
Makefile.am in order to avoid:

 gcc ... -Wp,-MD,.deps/mibgroup/Rmon/system_rmon_mib.TPlo ...
     -o mibgroup/Rmon/.libs/system_rmon_mib.lo

Harlan