Newbie question: How to compile a project?

From: Markus Gerwinski
Subject: Newbie question: How to compile a project?
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:38:08 +0100

Hi folks,

I'm currently doing my first steps using the auto* tools and got a problem
there. My first exercise is building a project consisting of a main program
( using a class defined in another module ( Both are
using gtkmm. doesn't contain a class definition, but only a main

When running aclocal, autoconf, autoheader, automake, configure and make,
the make exits with an error message:

  g++: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations

What's wrong here?

My and files are attached to this mail. I wrote
them by copying the example files from and
then leaving out everything that resulted in an error message of the auto*

Thanks in advance,