Re: Unwanted autoheader call included in

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: Unwanted autoheader call included in
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:35:36 +0100

Rafael Laboissiere schrieb:
When I use the macro AC_CONFIG_HEADERS, automake includes a rule in to rebuild through autoheader.  Now, I do not want
at all that this file gets touched by autoheader, even when I modifiy one of
its "presumed dependencies" aclocal.m4 and

I've been plagued with some implicit and unnecessary `rebuild`s in
some projects - and the solution is quite simple: in your
script, reset autotools variables to a colon - i.e.
or perhaps better yet, rewrite it as
   AUTOHEADER="echo autoheader ignored"
so you still see when it would have been called.

Is that a way to disable this automake behavior, or am I asking for
something that is complete non-sense?

Thanks in advance for your help.

have fun, guido