Re: How to create static library with sources from multiple dirs?

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: How to create static library with sources from multiple dirs?
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 20:15:20 +0100

>>> "Bob" == Bob Rossi <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 Bob> I would like to create 1 library even though the sources are spread out
 Bob> over 3 directories. I can only seem to come up with 2 undesirable
solutions.
 Bob> 1. Put all the code in one directory and make 1 library.
 Bob> 2. Create 3 library's

You haven't said which Automake version you were using.  With
recent versions (>= 1.5 I think), you can build programs or
libraries from sources in subdirectories.

  AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = subdir-objects # Optional, see the manual.
  noinst_LIBRARIES = liball.a
  liball_a_SOURCES = sub1/foo.c sub1/foo.h sub2/bar.c sub2/bar.h ...

(It's good style to list headers files in _SOURCES instead of
EXTRA_DIST, even if they aren't compiled.)
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz