Fwd: automake questions

From: Martin Wagner
Subject: Fwd: automake questions
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:26:21 +0200

Von: address@hidden
Datum: Mi, 16. Apr 2003  02:12:58 Europe/Berlin
An: Martin Wagner <address@hidden>
Betreff: automake

(I can't seem to send email to list.
I don't know if there is something special
I must do or what after I subscribed.)

(*) I noticed Autoconfig and Automake make a lot of
symbolic links like COPYING, INSTALL, install-sh,
missing and mkinstalldirs.  Why aren't these real
files?? I cannot make a tarball package with symbolic
links right???

(*) I tried to add
AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR(config)
to configure.in hoping it would *create* the directory
and put lots of junk there.  Instead, Autotools complained
that this directory did not exist.  Must I create this
directory myself and/or what?

(*) So what is the purpose of "mkinstalldirs", "install-sh"
and "missing"???  Am I expected to make these myself
always?

Chris

_______________________________________

Dr. Christian Seberino
SPAWAR Systems Center San Diego
Code 2872
49258 Mills Street, Room 158
San Diego, CA 92152-5385
U.S.A.

Phone: (619) 553-9973
Fax:   (619) 553-6521
Email: address@hidden

Martin Wagner
Institut fuer Informatik (I1), TU Muenchen
Boltzmannstr. 3, 85748 Garching b. Muenchen, Germany
Room:           01.07.057
Phone/Fax:      +49 (89) 289-18230 / -18207