Common to use Autotools just to avoid Makefile work even if no portabili

From: cs
Subject: Common to use Autotools just to avoid Makefile work even if no portability concerns???
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:23:50 -0700 (MST)

I need to confess a dirty little secret.

I don't really worry about running my program
on anything other than Red Hat Linux (for now).

However, I hope to never write another Makefile
again.

Is it common/OK to just use Autotools because it:

1. looks cool
2. avoids Makefile work
3. people expect it
4. Did I mention it avoids Makefile work?

Even if I don't have big portability concerns?

Chris

Dr. Christian Seberino
Gnumatica Scientific Software
8665 Lake Murray Blvd. #3