*Where* lots of _examples_ of's for complex tre

From: cs
Subject: *Where* lots of _examples_ of's for complex trees of source code?
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:49:16 -0700 (MST)

I've slowly read thru Automake manual regarding
using Autotools if lots
of /subdirectories/ of source code.

I know toplevel has SUBDIRS line.
Subdirectories have their own _SOURCES line. gets AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS(dir1 dir2 ...).

This is confusing to me because now it seems
like I need not only a in every subdirectory,
but also, a, etc.

There are a few holes in my understanding and I think
if I could see many examples of this it would help.

Is there a URL for lots of Autotools *examples*
of this?