Re: Aborting automake?

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: Aborting automake?
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 12:16:50 +1100

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 11:22, Harlan Stenn wrote:
> I have a situation where I want every Makefile.am to 'include' one of
> several files.
>
> If none of these files are 'include'd I want the automake run to abort.
>
> I know how to cause the abort at runtime, but I'd rather catch this problem
> while automake is running.

If you want the automake include facility, then you'd need to extend
automake to allow some sort of policy check at the end of processing
each Makefile.am. thinking out loud, something like
check_script=${top_srcdir)/link_Makfile.am.sh in automake_options...
then have automake call out to that script, with a failure meaning abort
the automake run.

Rob