Distributing/Installing a whole directory

From: Jose Roman Bilbao
Subject: Distributing/Installing a whole directory
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 12:53:47 +0100

Hi,

I have a multiple subdirs library which I am autoconfiguring. The
question is:

I have a subdirectory with its Makefile.am where I have got some .cc
files which I build with no problem. In this directory I have got a
subdirectory called html where I store the help for the executable
previously compiled. What should I add to my Makefile.am to include all
this subdirectory and its contains in order to:

a)Have it appearing in the distribution.
b) When I do make install have it entirely copied to
$(prefix)/help/the_directory_I_am_questioning_about/html

I have read the automake's manual but it is still no clear for me how to
copy a whole directory.

Thanks