Re: Sample Makefile.am for python

From: Stephen Torri
Subject: Re: Sample Makefile.am for python
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 08:45:04 -0600

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 04:29, Magnus Therning wrote:
> This is the Makefile.am I am using in a small project.

I have included the Makefile.am file for discussion. Why does automake
use py-compile? I noticed that it installs in to the directory which the
Makefile.am resides but so far on a Google search I find that I can
install python scripts with a .py, .pyc and .pyo file extension. What do
those mean. How does do I modify your script to install a module which
would be imported by a script to run?

Stephen

-----------------

bin_SCRIPTS = sage
EXTRA_DIST = sage.in

pythonlibdir = $(pkgdatadir)/lib
sagelibdir = $(pythonlibdir)/sage

sagelib_PYTHON = $(wildcard $(srcdir)/lib/sage/*.py)

edit = sed \
       -e 's,address@hidden@,$(bindir),g'\
       -e 's,address@hidden@,$(pythonlibdir),g'

sage : Makefile $(srcdir)/sage.in