.Plo corruption

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: .Plo corruption
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:30:19 -0700

Folks,

I'm following up on the problem Asim Suter mentioned last October.

We are seeing problems where .Plo files get "corrupted".

This has been happening with automake-1.5 thru 1.8.3, and autoconf-2.53 thru
2.59.

We have noticed this problem on RedHat 7.3 (probably earlier as well).

I think we saw this problem on RedHat Enterprise 3 as well (not sure).

Anyway, is there an easy way to force the initialization of the .Plo files?

I don't want to 'find . -name .deps | xargs rm -rf' because that cleans out
the ones in subdirs that run their own "configure" and let's just say our
layout is a bit complicated...