Re: Saving configuration files using automake

From: Kevin Nowaczyk
Subject: Re: Saving configuration files using automake
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 07:13:57 -0700 (PDT)

For some reason that doesn't work.  When I run
autogen.sh I get:
conf/Makefile.am:1: invalid variable
`dist_sysconf_DATA'

I'm using automake version 1.4-p4

If I remove the dist_ it installs fine.  I know the
dist_ is supposed to include the file with the
distribution, so can I get by with typing
sysconf_DATA = foo.conf
EXTRA_DIST = foo.conf

or is that frowned upon.  It gets the job done, but it
might not be "The right way".

Kevin Nowaczyk