preventing autoheader from overwriting my files, take 2

From: Dale E Martin
Subject: preventing autoheader from overwriting my files, take 2
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:55:10 -0400

I have reread the docs and I'm not finding my answer, so I'm going to try
to precisely restate the issue here and hopefully get some help.

I have a header template file that I wrote by hand.  It has stuff in it
like guards that I want to stay there.  I would like configure to process
my template and produce a .h file for me.  To acheive this, I have the
following line in my

(Based off of a previous reply I removed the .in file from this.)

I don't want autoheader to overwrite my template with it's own.  Currently
in linux it is not doing this, but on the FreeBSD box I'm using - same
version of automake - when I run "autoreconf -i", autoheader overwrites my
template and suddenly stuff is missing from it.  Is there a way to supply
my own template and keep autoheader from writing one for me?

Dale E. Martin, Clifton Labs, Inc.
Senior Computer Engineer
pgp key available