Re: preventing autoheader from overwriting my files...

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: preventing autoheader from overwriting my files...
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 23:57:34 +0200

>>> "Dale" == Dale E Martin <address@hidden> writes:

 Dale> Hello.  I've got a header file I want autotools to handle for me,
 Dale> WarpedConfig.h.  My WarpedConfig.h.in has header guards in it and has
 Dale> "#undef"s for all of the things I want defined.  I have this in my
 Dale> configure.ac:

 Dale>
AC_CONFIG_HEADERS([src/warped/WarpedConfig.h:src/warped/WarpedConfig.h.in])

 Dale> Normally this works fine.  But I have noticed that if I
 Dale> manually run "autoheader" the file WarpedConfig.h.in gets
 Dale> overwritten.

autoheader creates the .in only for the first AC_CONFIG_HEADERS argument.

If you don't want your handcrafted template to be overwritten by
autoheader, register a dummy header first using

  AC_CONFIG_HEADERS([config.h src/warped/WarpedConfig.h])

or

  AC_CONFIG_HEADERS([config.h])
  AC_CONFIG_HEADERS([src/warped/WarpedConfig.h])

--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz