Re: distcheck bug

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: distcheck bug
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:11:43 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote:

"Bob" == Bob Friesenhahn <address@hidden> writes:

Bob> There is an Automake bug in 'make distcheck' which is causing me
Bob> considerable pain.

See DISTCHECK_CONFIGURE_FLAGS is the manual.

Interesting. So if I want Automake to re-use the standard variable settings passed to the original configure, I need to make it explicit like

  DISTCHECK_CONFIGURE_FLAGS=CC=$(CC) CXX=$(CXX)

?

It seems that LDFLAGS is being passed but not CC and CXX even though those were also specified on the configure command line. Why aren't all the standard Autoconf variables saved and replayed?

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden