Re: can't login to list

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: can't login to list
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 19:38:45 -0600

r43233 wrote:
> I have subscribed to the list but can't login. I have registered and
> recieved confimation. However during confirmation i forgot to enable
> cookies and the system won't allow me to login. I have enabled cookies
> and exited mozilla and restarted it but still can't login.
> regards
> anoosh

For what purpose do you wish to "login" to mailman?  Isn't being
subscribed enough?  Did you want to unsubscribe?

Loging into the mailman web interface should not have anything to do
with cookies.  Forgive me for assuming but I think you must have just
forgotten your password.  On the admin page here:

At the bottom of the page:

  To unsubscribe from Automake, get a password reminder, or change your
  subscription options enter your subscription email address:

Select [Unsubscribe or edit options] and it will take you to a
password reminder page.  Fill in your address and it will send you
your present password by mail.

If this is not clear send me mail offlist and I will try to help you
with whatever mailing list operation for which you are having
trouble.

Bob