Re: Error because README is missing

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Error because README is missing
Date: 06 Dec 2004 09:14:46 -0500

%% Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> writes:

  >> I suppose I could tell those folks to run the config.status step by
  >> hand, but I'd really like to get this built through the configure
  >> script.  Ideas?

  rw> dnl ...
  rw> AC_CONFIG_FILES([Makefile])
  rw> AC_OUTPUT
  rw> touch foo.in
  rw> ./config.status --file foo

  rw> What am I missing?

I wasn't sure config.status would be available while (my part of)
configure was still running.  I guess if all AC_OUTPUT does is run
config.status --file then that would make sense, but it could also do
the translation "inline".

I'll give it a try; cheers!

 Paul D. Smith <address@hidden>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools